Monday, September 19, 2005

"The Gathering" - Thoughts

This compilation mostly contains artists I have a live personal experience of and some other that I love. You'll find music from different places and of various ethnicity. (More about this and the artists in another post.)

But it is also an imaginary gathering, a very special one since it is a fusion of many cultures, still somehow they all are family.

You can follow the evening...

people arriving and being welcomed,
children having fun when the party begins
and develops into a wedding
and wild happy dancing...
the storyteller tells his tales,
there is love
and also a fight...
and when the morning comes
someone is sitting alone
looking back at this fabulous gathering.

I must confess though, even though it is a very happy feast there is a streak of melancholy through it all... I guess it appeals to my Scandinavian heart...

No comments: