Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I've found "my" radio station....

I have been looking all over for a web radio with a totally international mix... haven't found it, and then it was at the Swedish National Radio all along.... SR Sverige is this lovely channels name.
I listened far to long last night with a big smile on my lips and in my heart.

This is how they present themselves:
"SR Sverige is a digital radio channel with hit music from the whole wide world.

On our channel you can hear tunes from Lebanon, Mali, the USA, Scotland, Iraq, France, Brazil, Cuba, Siberia, Madagascar, India and Sweden, all in the space of half an hour! Sick of the run of the mill monotonous pop music from your usual station? Then SR Sverige is the place for you!"
And yes... that fits right into my musical taste... look at this playlist for example...

  • Tomatito "Al Mariyya"
  • Chiara Civello "Here Is Everything"
  • DV8 "Kera Tera Mul"
  • Ray Charles "Georgia On My Mind"
  • Think Of One "Sable D'Or"
  • Shantel "Bucovina (Haaksman & Haaksman Soca Bogle Mix)"
  • Cesaria Evora "Monte Cara"
  • Rachid Taha "En Retard"
  • Markscheider Kunst "Kvasa Kvasa"
  • Malouma "Char´Aa"
  • Shoukichi Kina/ Champloose "Celebration Reggae"
  • Dusminguet "San Cristóbal"
  • Karen Matheson "Early Morning Grey

All these played in the same hour... Yay!!!!

No comments: