Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"The Gathering" - Alban Faust

I have a weakness! I love BagPipes! It reminds me of when I lived in Scotland. Scottish bagpipes has a massive, majestic sound with a very, loud "undertone" (a constant bellowing). Once I heard the bagpipe being played indoor, in a room about 50 square metres, and I tell you it was almost not bearable.
Later I discovered the smaller French and Swedish bagpipes, this was when all things medieval was my big interest (I still love medieval stuff). Then, this summer I discovered:

"Alban Faust, one of the major bagpipe makers and pipers in Sweden, has a CD called Bordunmusik från Dalsland (Drone music from Dalsland). Most tracks include bagpipes of Swedish, French, German or Flemish origin." link
He played with his group Faust at the folk music festival I visited this summer, I loved it! On this compilation though he is represented with one of my favourite tunes - a wedding march - Brudmarsh från Äppelbo. When I eventually get married, this tune is must on my wedding...

No comments: